JJ's Writing Corner

Every writer needs a quiet place to sit and collect her thoughts. Here is mine.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Writing as Healing

I think I've already mentioned my struggles with writing. Not the writing itself, but the fear of the emotions inside me. I'm currently struggling with some deep personal issues and am going through a period of deep grieving.

My fear has always been that those painful feelings would explode like a volcano. Instead, as I'm writing about Kate's grief, I've found that the pain instead just slowly steeps away. Kate and I are grieving very different losses, but our pain is the same.

I'm not sure if this Oprah-type thing is what I want to write forever, but I need to write this story, to grieve and receive healing along with Kate, before I can write anything else. I'm just gonna leave those future stories with God and work on the story He has given me for today.

Personal victory: Today was my first day of real writing since before Christmas. :)


WRITTEN TODAY: 1.25 PAGES (double-spaced)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home