JJ's Writing Corner

Every writer needs a quiet place to sit and collect her thoughts. Here is mine.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Advertising for a Writing Group

I haven't been writing the past few weeks because I'm preparing for the GRE. However, a friend and I are starting a writing group soon. Here's the advertisement we put in our church newsletter:

Calling All Writers:
Interested in writing? (My friend and I) invite you to the new Writers Small Group for everyone from beginning writers to published authors. This will be a challenging yet supportive place to help you write your best!

Activities will include brainstorming, freewriting, read-alouds, and (gentle) critique from other writers in the group. We’ll also discuss pen-and-paper vs. computer writing, procrastination, overcoming writer’s block, and finding the time to write.

Our first meeting will be (time and place). Bring a bag lunch, a generous spirit, and a few pages of your latest project. (If you don’t have a project but are feeling the call to write, please come and see what all the excitement’s about!)

Email (us) with any questions. No RSVP required. We'll see you there!



I haven't read my writing to anyone since I was in college, so I think this will be a good experience for me. I have a few weeks before our first meeting; as soon as I take the GRE, my time will be free to write, write, write. Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home